APCChE-UNIDO Special Symposium
APCChE-United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Special Symposium on SDGs
Date: September 24, 2019 (Open for Public)
Organizers: Suguru Noda (Waseda Univ.), Fukuya Iino (UNIDO), Mitsuo Yamamoto (Univ. Tokyo), Bing Zhu (Tsinghua Univ.), Kanako Tanaka (LCS/JST)
Scope and Objectives:
UNIDO is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. We will discuss "social systems and visions meeting local conditions" in Asia and developing countries based on the concept of sustainable development goals (SDGs). And we will start the first step of actions to realize the systems and visions.
- Reconfirm chemical engineering as a basic science and technological base to provide solutions for environmental and energy problems (all parties).
- Penetrate the concept of SDGs to chemical engineers and encourage them to reconsider the research and development activities (academia & industry).
- Share practical examples of technology transfer and new attempts on SDGs by small and middle-size enterprises (SMEs) and start-up companies. And promote new business in chemical industry (industry).
- Have chemical engineering and its potential recognized by society/citizen (government & citizen).
- Build networks and platform toward contribution to SDGs via chemical engineering approach (industry, government, academia & citizen).
Session I: How can chemical engineering contribute to SDGs?
Session II: Commitments of industry & government toward SDGs
Session III: Workshop on Action & Partnership toward SDGs
Session IV: Poster Session (Contributed presentations on "social systems and visions meeting local conditions in Asia and developing countries based on the concept of SDGs.")